The day 1 was focused on each organization member presentation. Since our last meeting held in Togo in 2016, many progresses have been made within each organization. But all the members are facing financial challenges.
Days 2 and 3 were focused on ICA’s Technology of Participation Group Facilitation Methods training facilitated by Hannah Anighoro Executive Director of EPDI; During the first day, participants learnt about ORID and its applications ways.
On the second day, we learnt about the Facilitation method. Through several practices activities, participants became skilled in these methods and recommendations have been made to every organization to schedule several training sessions on them with their staff and members.
On the fourth day, we received a delegation of International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) chapter of Benin. During our last conference of Togo, we decided to have a common project focused on agriculture for all the five countries. As IITA is a very important agricultural research institution, we decided to seek it partnership for this purpose. So ICA Benin has initiated contacts prior the conference.
Several recommendations have been made for next steps:
- Further training will about proposal writing and ToP methods
- Committee to be more active
- All ICAs member must send their draft proposal to committee by November, 30 th , 2017
- Continue research of funding online and locally;
- Exchange information funders with other ICAs;
- Exchange program of interest with each others
- Increase our social network (whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, website, emails etc…);
- Increase visibility on the Global Buzz;
- Write procedure manuals;
- Train board and staff on NGO management;
- Organize refresh course in ToP both locally and regionally;
- Implement our funds generating action plan
Next conference will be organized by EPDI Nigeria in 2018.
This post was written for ICAI’s monthly bulletin the Global Buzz, December 2017.