Our global Board
The General Assembly (GA) is the final authority of ICA International. The ICAI Board is elected by the GA is to execute the plan and decisions of GA.
The role of the ICAI Board
- To maintain the legal framework of ICAI, working with colleagues in Canada and the USA
- Monitor and solicit commitments from ICAs to care for envisioned global functions including:
- Maintain personal contact with all member ICAs Worldwide on a regular basis and
- Work with ICAs to meet all membership requirements:
- Support new or struggling ICAs to find a mentor ICA to support their capacity building
- Expand the network by including non-member ICAs
The Board operates by consensus, and when a consensus is not reached (if urgent) decisions may be forwarded to the GA.
Board elections & officer roles
Candidates for the ICAI Board may be nominated by any statutory member. Board members are elected by the ICAI General Assembly to serve a four year term. Currently Board elections are held every two years in December for a term starting January 1.
Board officer roles are assigned by the Board itself after election – download the full Board role descriptrions (pdf). Eight roles are currently assigned to Board members as follows (indicating the term being served):
- President – Lisseth Lorenzo, ICA Guatemala (2015-20)
- Treasurer – Samantha Sainsbury, ICA USA (2019-22)
- Secretary – Ekta Bromley, ICA Canada (2019-22)
- Vice-President West & Central Africa – Yawo Gator Adufu, ICA Togo (2019-20)
- Vice-President East & Southern Africa – John Odolon – ICA Uganda (2019-22)
- Vice-President Asia Pacific – Archana Deshmukh, ICA India (2017-20)
- Vice-President Americas – Gerd Luders, ICA Chile (2017-20)
- Vice-President Europe & MENA – vacant (2019-22)
- Vice-President Communications – Eric Tseng, ICA Taiwan (2019-22)
The Board meets online on a monthly basis, normally on the second Friday of the month.