ICA Canada's work in community development has been the catalyst in transforming lives for vulnerable people and communities for almost 40 years. Sharing our time-honed training methods with local partners in Canada and Africa, we support thoughtful leaders, who are inspired to lead the way to positive social change.
ICA Canada exists to develop the leadership capacity of all people to contribute to positive social change through research, publishing, education and social change projects.
1) We take a comprehensive and historical perspective in any situation and work to change the whole system.
2) We place energy where it will make the most difference.
3) In our relations with others, we collaborate with respect, caring and mutual support.
4) We value human relations and the human capacity as the key to making a difference.
5) We focus on core change in society based on the reality of what can be sustained at this time.
6) We embody and model participation in everything that we do by balancing leadership and teamwork.
7) We are committed to integrity, transparency and accountability throughout our organization in everything we say, do and believe.
8) We bring intention and conscious awareness into our everyday life.